How long is the blended Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR C & AED Course?
The blended Standard First Aid Course: 8 hours online learning*, 7.5 hours teaching time
Who should take this course?
- You should take this course if you need a workplace approved certification that lasts 3 years – Standard First Aid, CPR Level A or C, and AED.
- We recommend this as a comprehensive course offering first aid and CPR skills for those who want to gain confidence in their knowledge and ability to respond to emergencies at home.
Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. We highly encourage you to ask your employer (if applicable) what course you are required to have. Please ensure prior to booking this course that you are signing up for the course you need.
What is required to complete the course?
You need to have 100% attendance and participation and 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book test as well as adherence to the Fundamental Principles. We work very hard to help you achieve this in demonstrated skills and the knowledge evaluation. The online component needs to be completed before coming to the in-person portion of the course.
What is the recertification for this course?
- Standard First Aid: 6.5–7.5 hours; includes CPR Level A or C and AED; adheres to local legislation
Blended Standard First Aid: 4 hours online learning*, 3-4 hours teaching time
- In order to qualify for a recertification of this course, your certificate must be valid and current.
*Online learning time depends on the individual learner
What’s covered in this course?
The following topics are included in the course: the Red Cross, preparing to respond, the EMS (911 system), choking (adult, child & baby), CPR/AED (adult, child & baby), breathing emergencies, circulatory emergencies, wound care, sudden medical emergencies (such as diabetes, seizures, mental health issues), head & spine injuries, splinting and slings, poisons (including animals and environmental and opioid), and hot and cold emergencies (hyperthermia and hypothermia). We also cover OH&S topics in this course.
What do you take home with this course?
- First Aid & CPR (print if purchased and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Standard First Aid certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- Pocket mask and one-way valve (must be purchased or brought to course)