How long is this course?
This is a minimum 8 hour (1 day course) and provides a 3 year certification in Emergency Child Care First Aid.
Basic one-day Red Cross course designed to introduce caregivers to injury prevention skills and knowledge. Course covers lifesaving first aid skills and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR and AED) for children, and babies. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial early childhood education and day care worker safety requirements*
Who should take this course?
- We encourage everyone to check what legislative requirements are required for your particular job but this is a course primarily focused on caregivers of children.
What is required to complete this course?
- You must successfully demonstrate the skills shown and attend 100% of the course. You also need to get a 75% minimum mark on a written, closed book exam.
- Paladin First Aid works very hard with every student to ensure success by offering different teaching techniques and methods.
6 hours in-class*
What is covered in the course?
- The Red Cross
- Responding to Emergencies
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies – Child and baby
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest – Child and baby
- Wound care
- Head, Neck and Spinal Injuries
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Illness
- Caring for Children
Includes any other content required by specific legislation