How long is the Emergency first Aid & CPR course?
It’s a one day course that covers CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) skills for the workplace or home environment. It meets provincial legislative requirements for provincial workers safety and insurance boards.
CPR A: 6.5 hours in-class OR 3.5 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning**
CPR C: 7.5 hours in-class OR 4.5 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning**
What is required to complete the course?
- You must have 100% attendance and participation in the course is required as is a minimum 75% of a written, closed book exam. Paladin First Aid works very hard to ensure every student is successful and confident in their skills and knowledge.
How long does the certificate last?
- It’s a 3 year certification in Emergency First Aid and CPR Level A or C
Can this course be recertified? *
CPR A: 4 hours in-class OR 3 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning**
CPR C: 5 hours in-class OR 4 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning**
*Recertification not available in all jurisdictions.
**Online learning times depends on the individual learner.
What’s covered in the course?
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
Includes any other content required by specific legislation
What is included in the course?
- First Aid & CPR guide (can order hard copy of the book or e-book)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Emergency First Aid CPR – Online (Blended only)
- Emergency First Aid certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)