Who should take the course?
We recommend this course for anyone who is working with people who are experiencing trauma or grief/loss. It is an invaluable tool in your toolkit and provides reflection on how participants handles stress.
How long is the course?
The course is 12 hours in-class OR 45-90 minutes online learning and 7 hours in-class. The Certification is good for 3 years.
To do / have completed prior to course
- It is recommended that you be 16 years of age
- Psychological First Aid – Self-Care for online course (required for blended option only)
What the Course Covers:
Some of the topics in the course can be very sensitive and includes, but is not limited to:
- Introduction to Red Cross
- Case Studies
- Stress, Distress
- Loss and Grief
- Vulnerable Populations
- Look, Listen, Link, Live
- Resiliency and Protective Factors
- Self Care
- Psychological First Aid Workbook (print)
- Look, Listen, Link, Live cards
- Psychological First Aid–Self-Care online course (required for blended option)
- Psychological First Aid–Caring for Others online course (optional)