How long is this course?
This is a one day course and is 6.5–7.5 hours and includes CPR Level A or C and AED; adheres to local legislation. It is a 3 year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR “C” or “A”, and AED.
What is required to complete this Recertification course?
- You need to have 100% attendance and participation as well a 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book exam as well as adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
- You need to have a current and valid Standard First Aid & CPR “C” or “A” Certificate. If your certificate is expired, you will be required to take the 2 day course again.
Includes any other content required by specific legislation.
What’s covered in this course?
The following topics are included in the course: the Red Cross, preparing to respond, the EMS (911 system), choking (adult, child & baby), CPR/AED (adult, child & baby), breathing emergencies, circulatory emergencies, wound care, sudden medical emergencies (such as diabetes, seizures, mental health issues), head & spine injuries, splinting and slings, poisons (including animals and environmental and opioid), and hot and cold emergencies (hyperthermia and hypothermia). We also cover OH&S topics in this course.
- First Aid & CPR manual (print that can be purchase and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Standard First Aid certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)