How long is this course?
It’s 5-6 hours. Flexible schedule options available.
Who should take this course?
If you are between the ages of 9-13 and stay home alone, we highly recommend this course.
What’s covered in the course?
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
- First Aid Content including what to say when phoning EMS/911), conscious choking (adult/child/alone), what to do if you’re feeling unwell, asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, and other minor health care situations.
What do I get to take home with me?
- Stay Safe Workbook
- Lots of knowledge and confidence in your ability to stay home alone