The Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Course prepares candidates to instruct the Red Cross Swim programs. Candidates focus on strategies to introduce and develop fitness activities, skills and water safety, and swimming skills in the Red Cross Swim Preschool, Red Cross Swim Kids, Red Cross Swim @ School, Red Cross Swim @ Camp, Red Cross Swim for Adults & Teens, and Red Cross Swim Adapted programs.
Course Components & Length
- WSI—Skills Evaluation* – 3–6 hours
- WSI—Online – 14–20 hours
- WSI—Teaching Experience – minimum 8 hours
- WSI—Classroom and Pool – 9 hours classroom, 12 hours pool.
* WSI—Skills Evaluation can be completed before, during or after the WSI—Online or WSI—Teaching Experience, but must be completed before attending the WSI—Classroom and Pool.
- Water Safety Instructor Workbook
- Red Cross Swim Deck Book